Friday 23 October 2009

Welsh Bastards All Round

Thursday was an interesting day. I started writing this on Friday, and it's now sunday evening... thanks to being out/being ill, I haven't managed to do anything.
Anyway, here are highlights:

QUEUING
- Seeing Sam, Nimsey, Adele and Jasmin who'd been there since stupid o'clock
- Panda's amazing wig
- Adele and Jasmin dragging me to Slough
- Meeting Ian Watkins and Jay Oliver briefly
- Having my cooking insulted by Ian Watkins ("Coffee shouldn't be mixed with anything!")
- Snoz's amazing eyesight - "I can see over buildings!"
- Trying pear cider
- Managing to sneak my cakes in by promising not to throw the tin at anyone
- Learning random bits of sign language...

THE NEW 1920
- Girls behind just yelling "GET NEEEEKKID!"
- Fighting for a free tshirt and getting it
- The lead singer's awesome crazy slightly dad-esque dance moves
- Drunk drummer

THE BLACKOUT
- More "GET NEKKKKKID" which was repleid to with "SHUT THE FUUUCK UUUUUUP!"
- Sean doing three front flips in Beijing Cocktail
- Snoz being a MADMAN on the drums
- This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things being absolutely bloody AWESOME
- Sean throwing up o.o
- Rhys being right in front of me (nom)
- General awesomeness in their set

LOSTPROPHETS
- Dancing security guards!
- Too awesome for words to describe, frankly
- Ian: This song is so catchy I dunno what part of it to teach you...
Me: The chorus?
Ian: Who said the chorus?!
Me: *raises hand*
Ian: Oh aye, you wanna get up on stage and sing it then?
Me: Uhhhh...
Ian: Thought not!
- Ian doing the "I'm watching you" thing with his fingers
- "Does anyone remember the year 2000?"
- Jay and Ian cute-ing out over Meg and Kelly holding hands
- Pulling faces at Lee, Stu, Mike, Ian and Jay...
- Vikki getting Stu to give her a peace sign
- THE MACERENA
- Me: (surprised) fuck me...
Vikki: Careful or someone might take that as a suggestion!
Ian: Yeah I might take you up on that, Chuckles
Me: o.O
- Jay being a ninja and going to the other side of stage without us working out how... "What are you doing over there? Back to your post, soldier!"
- Jay's amazing screams in To Hell We Ride and Everyday Combat
- Coughing loads just before Burn, Burn and getting a bottle of water to myself

AFTERWARDS
- Seeing Jay at the merchstand and saying hello
- Being told by Drew from The New 1920 to cut up my free tee and come see them
- Getting Drew in the kitty hat
- Befriending a security guard called Adam
- Awesome cuddles from Luke
- Getting Luke in the kitty hat
- Explaining to Stu who I was ("I was pulling faces at you in the front row!)
- Getting Stu to hold the kitty hat looking really confused
- Train home with Kelly - "Your hat has chlamydia!"

No comments:

Post a Comment