Wednesday 14 October 2009

Saturday

"I thought sod it, nobody really cares what you look like, so the next day I wore a skirt, and I got whistled at by a builder! How good is that! Only it wasn't so much a wolf-whistle... more like a whistle like you would for a little dog."

Aah, Sarah Millican. How perfectly you encapture my own worries.

So, this is how it goes:
I know I'm not ugly, but I don't think I'm pretty.
I know I'm not fat, but I think I should be slimmer.
I know nobody would care if I wore a skirt, but I don't think it would do me any favours.

So, on Saturday, assuming I'm not dead, I'm thinking about wearing a skirt to My Passion. I kind of wish I was taller and curvier and older and made people say WOW when I walked in the room. It doesn't help that my friends are all taller than me and totally amazing looking. I wish I made the impact on guys where the idea of me wearing a skirt would make them sort of shocked.

Screw it, I'm wearing a skirt and leggings. And if anyone insults my legs I will get my friends to deck them.

No comments:

Post a Comment