Wednesday 28 October 2009

NaNoWriMo

Has anyone else heard of NaNoWriMo? Yes? No?

Well, I have, and so have at least the other 80,000+ authors who have signed up for this year's challenge. The idea? Write a 50,000 novel in 30 days. The reality? RSI, frustration, a lack of plot, and the overwhelming sense of satisfaction when you finally get all 50,000 of those annoying little words onto the page, upload it to the website and watch as that little badge says "WINNER".

It's a struggle that is undertaken every November with all the other crazy people around the world, and I have done it and won it for the past 2 years. This year is no different. I have no plot, but a hell of a lot of imagination and crazy friends to get idea from...

http://www.nanowrimo.org/

Oh, and NaNoWriMo is a charity. It relies on donations. All the people who read my blog profess to be poor, like me, but just one or two dollars could really make a difference. okay I'll shaddup with the preaching now. Expect a normal, ranty blog tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment