Wednesday 7 October 2009

Music blog!

So I feel like doing a blog of my current top 10 songs. Let's see how this pans out. And so, in no particular order:

1) Damned If I Do Ya (Damned If I Don't) - All Time Low
Poppy, punky, catchy and with a funny-as music video. It's an all round party song, really. So go on, get movin' and shakin' to warm up for their comeback in 2010!

2) Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen
Do I even need a reason to list this? One of the all-time great tracks of all time, regardless of genre.

3) Uprising - Muse
"It's time the fat cats had a heart attack" croons Matt Bellamy. Sounds like he's not too happy about the recession either...

4) Rooftops - Lostprophets
If you only know one song by the 'Prophets, it's almost guaranteed it's this one. And there's a reason for it: it's amazing.

5) London Is The Reason - Gallows
The local boys from Watford play this, and ouch. It's like having your ears attacked by a barbed wire bomb. Still some excellent pissed-off punk though.

6) Let's Hang The Landlord - The King Blues
Feel-good political ska-punk anyone? Anyone? No? Well tough, it's good and it's hear to stay. If this doesn't make you smile you better have a good excuse.

7) There Will Be Rain - Young Guns
I have the hook to this written on my PSE folder. I guess it just reminds me somehow to look past the bad times, because there will always be good times afterwards.

8) Friends & Lovers - Madina Lake
There's something about this song that just gets me. Maybe because it's so personal; it's like listening to the Leones mid-flow in a therapy session.

9) This Charming Man - The Smiths
Come on. You know you know it. There's no way round it. Just smile and sing along.

10) Friday I'm In Love - The Cure
It can't be terribly nice to be Robert Smith's girlfriend, knowing he only loves you 1/7th of the time...


No comments:

Post a Comment