Tuesday 22 December 2009

A Short Story: Happenings (the process)

Here was the thought process behind this short (4,095 word) story:

2am, December 20th: I have this idea. It's annoying me. I can't sleep.
3am, December 20th: Hell I'm going to write this down.
5am, December 20th: Story is written. It's a pile of crap but at least now I can go to bed.

All day, December 20th: I must not read what I wrote or I will edit it into oblivion. I know it's crap.

Some point, December 21st: Read my story. Dear God it's so awful that I can't edit it or it'll lose all meaning.

4pm, December 22nd: Read the story again. Actually it's not too bad... just needs some tweaks.


NB - I have noticed that this blog is defunct as I cannot copy and paste any text... so I will have to find another way to get the story up. It might take a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment