Friday 25 December 2009

Scrooge time!

Huzzah, Christmas has ended for another year. All things in bold are things I didn't ask for, and all things in italics were things italicized on my Xmas list, ie things I really wanted:

Present haul:
- This Is War by 30 Seconds To Mars
- Absolute Boyfriend manga, volumes 5 and 6
- The Sims 3 World Adventures (not useful... see below)
- Laptop carry bag
- £40 in cash, £15 cheque, £15 gift card (to be exchanged for cash)
- An Abundance Of Katherines by John Green (finished)
- Rainbow legwarmers
- Purple leopard print tights
- A mini slab of dark chocolate + 6 dark chocolate rum truffles (I hate rum truffles)
- Deathnote manga boxset, volumes 1-12 (I own volumes 1 and 3)
- Purple spray-in hairdye
- My laptop fixed in time for Christmas (hasn't happened... but at least it's being fixed. However the CD of The Sims 3 was still in there, meaning not only can I not play it but I can't install it on Dad's computer either)
- The Blackout in Portsmouth with Vikki

Yeah, about that last one... The gig got cancelled.
£120 in hotel fees, £40 in train fairs and £60 in gig tickets... gone. Unless I get refunds and I have no idea if half the places even do them.

I also discovered my dad's edited version of my Xmas list (which was written in order of what I wanted, and italicized items were what I *really* wanted)

The Betrayed by Lostprophets and Hold Me Down by You Me At Six preorders - nope, they weren't done.
Crash Love by AFI - no.
7 gigs which I wanted tickets to (won't list them all, but there were 7, all italicized) - no (seriously? Not even one?)
Paper Towns by John Green - no (fair enough, not sure if it's out in the UK yet).
The Catcher In The Rye by JD Salinger - no (Oh come on, you can get a used copy from Amazon for about 50p)
Fruits Basket manga, volume 10 onwards - nope

You know why I didn't get much? Because my main present was Portsmouth with Vikki... which has just got effing cancelled.

So, other miseries then:
- Getting to sleep at 3am last night, waking up six (it was more but I lost count after six) times during in the night, waking up properly at 6.45 and my brother refusing to get up till 7
- What I assumed was just a cold breaking down into a suspected throat/sinus/chest infection, which lead to all breathing, talking and swallowing being immensely painful
- Pain in my throat, chest, nose, ears and sinuses being compounded by period pains and rampaging hormones
- Not being able to eat much because my throat hurt so much, and what I did eat having no taste
- Not being able to eat Christmas pudding
- Falling asleep on the sofa numerous times
- My gran and great-aunt asking me if I ate sausage meat (hint: I haven't eaten meat for the past 4 years, nor have I eaten turkey. So no, I do not fucking eat it)
- Taking an hour to find all the relevant medication I needed before bed (inhalers, pain killers, mouthwashes, other mouthwash, cough syrup, cream for my dry skin)
- Blowing my nose/coughing up horrible yellow gunge all day. All. Bloody. Day.
- Sneezing up blood
- Portsmouth gig being cancelled

Mm. I think that's everything...

Merry Christmas. Hope you had a more fun one than I did.

2 comments:

  1. If you've got blood coming up, GET TO A FUCKING DOCTOR. Asap. Could be a serious lung problem. Really.

    I empathise with every single other cough/flu/illness symptom though. I took tissues and a vicks nasal inhaler to the dinner table with me today. Every time I think it's gone, it comes back. Fuckin' virus. But just take all the meds and try to ignore it. It's shit, but it's the holidays and you've got to make the most of it because it'll be even worse when school starts again. This is the last proper holiday you'll get until summer now, given you have at least one GCSE in the new year and you'll be revising for it at easter. So seriously, just do your best to ignore it because it's really not worth wasting what free time you have.

    It's really shit about portsmouth, a lot of my friends were supposed to be going and are pissed off about it. I hate gigs being cancelled. But maybe if you can get the refunds, you can talk your parents into the 29th? If you're better too. If you're coughing up blood though, realistically you wouldn't have been able to go. If that helps. Which it probably doesn't. I'm shit at making people feel better >.<

    I'm 90% sure that travellodge do refunds, and the tickets legally have to be refunded if an event is cancelled, so that's a start on the money. Put it towards preorders/crash love/books if you can't come on the 29th. Stuff'll work out if you put in the effort and MAKE it work out. Email places and look up their policies on refunds.

    If stuff still seems shit after that, just think about next year. Kerrang tour (Two nights, lucky thing!), Lostprophets/KIGH shows, all those gigs you'll go to that haven't even been announced yet. Seeing friends again, not having to put up with those relatives until the next family gathering, and hey, next Christmas is pretty much guarenteed to be 110% better than this one.

    Hope this helps somewhat. I'm kinda crap at advice/cheering people up, but... It's not the end of the world now darling, so come on, dry those tears. (And no, no I can't see it from here. For definite.)

    Here's to a better rest-of-holidays. *Cuddles*

    Xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. High five for being ill without a good reason! And I'm not coughing up blood, I'm sneezing it, which basically just means that I blew my nose too hard and one of the tiny blood vessels burst... Anyways.

    I have work to do this holiday anyway, it's been neglected xD Yeah I'm going to ask my parents if I can go to Cardiff instead. I feel really bad for my friend though, because she got almost nothing this xmas because her parents let her come to Portsmouth...

    Haha, I'm such a green eyed monster of jealousy, my friends (who are no longer talking to me because they think I'm a spoilt brat - true) are going to 5 dates, and one of them's skipping school despite the fact when I asked her about it earlier in the year, she said she couldn't because she had mocks... *is frustrated*

    Mm, things can only get better. I'm simultanouesly trying to cheer up my friend who's had a crappier xmas than I have.

    Oh take these storms away, start a brand new story...

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete