Friday 11 December 2009

Bandwagons, editing, and old school music

Today's blog comes to you in three parts.

1) Bandwagons

As much as I told myself I wouldn't, I did. I got myself a FormSpring. Which I am incapable to linking to... Well I doubt anyone would use it anyway. Check my twitter (twitter.com/ObliViVion) for link if you're interested. Note: I have yet to work out how to answer questions on it... Yes, I fail at the internet.

Other than that, i've been pretty good at staying away from bandwagons... though the JAGK shirt, sadly, may be another one. Oh dear, impulse buys are sure to cripple me and my bank account. Must... resist... urge...


2) Editing

It's December. It has been for quite some time, so I should really be trying to edit my NaNoWriMo novel. However, I've become more occupied with finishing it.

Editing is my downfall. Sure, I can edit as I go along - hence why NaNo is so hard, because you have to kill off that Inner Editor, or at least give him/her some industrial strength chloroform - but as soon as I get to the end and see a whole great chunk of 3,000 (English essay)/50,000 (NaNoWrImo 2007/2008)/65,000 (NaNoWriMo 2009) words in front of me, I panic and just don't bother.

I was meant to edit my English coursework. Of course, it was due in on Monday 7th, and I was still writing it on the night of Thursday 10th. I just got my parents to read it and make sure it made sense, and had to try and explain what a Byronic Hero was.

Basically, if I'm ever going to cut it as a writer, I need an edior, or to pull my socks up and try and edit myself - meep.


3) Old School Music

Motley Crue are playing Sonisphere Festival. Better than the fact it's in the UK, it's in HERTFORDSHIRE. I am seriously excited and I am going to beg to go even if it cripples my bank account further.

More bands are going to be announced, but I'm definitely most excited about the 'Crue. Oh... and IRON MAIDEN! My cousin will have three kids by then, but I'mma beg her to come down and see them with me because it's their only UK gig of 2010.

And in other news, I'm just been listening to lots of pretty old music. Journey, New Order, Joy Division, The Smiths, Motley Crue, The Carpenters, Sisters Of Mercy... It's fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment