Thursday 28 January 2010

Minor scahdenfreude is perfectly normal...

Yes, the title is something I said trying to comfort one of my friends. Yes, I am crap at giving advice. I'm always good for people to tell problems to, just don;t expect anything useful on the whole "making-you-feel-better" front.

So, tomorrow is Music Friday III. Any idea what I should do? I was thinking I'd review a (new, maybe) album, one I haven't heard before - thoughts and ideas?

Today's blog is actually a non-blog. I have nothing blogworthy to talk about apart from my usual minor gripes of homework, which nobody really cares about, and being told to do more flute practise by my "I-was-a-wonderkid-who-did-grade-8-at-the-same-time-as-my-GCSEs-and-also-invented-a-cure-for-the-common-cold-while-i-was-at-it" music teacher.

This entire week, I've been convinced it's Friday every single day of the week. Ergo, as it really will be Friday tomorrow, it is guaranteed to be a massive letdown, as I have to do all my homework for the entirity of next week (minus my English coursework, which will get done at exactly midnight of the day it's due in... which is actually a couple of weeks away). Today's homework was Maths (torturous, confusing and most likely failed), Music Theory (which I had to restrain myself from doing in case I accidentally burnt it into cinders) and RS (which was fun, because I did it while listening to Journey. On three now: DON'T STOP! BELIEVIN'!

It is a week until the Epic Camden Campout. This time in a week, I will be on a street in London, shivering my arse off in seven layers and a sleeping bag, and yet I am possibly more excited for this than I have been for anything in a long time. The week after that, I'll be in Brixton, chatting to LP after the gig (hopefully), or if not befriending security. Or being on the way home. Any which way, the next two Thursday evenings will be EPIC FUNTIMES.

Also, my friend Kath and I have made a pact... if ever one of us becomes stuck in an unhappy marriage, we will keep other other on speed-dial so the non-trapped one can "swing by your house with dynamite, bust you out, and take you to a Welsh gig ASAP".
It sounds like a good plan to me.

So, leave a comment telling me what album to review! And good night y'all, see you on the real Friday!

1 comment:

  1. Album recommendations...

    Cars by Now Now Every Children
    Nothing Worth Having Comes Easy by Save Your Breath
    Relationship Of Command by At The Drive-In
    Seven Ways To Scream Your Name by Funeral For A Friend
    Black Market Music by Placebo
    Isn't This Supposed To Be Fun!? by Farewell
    A Guide To Love, Loss And Desperation by The Wombats
    Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars by David Bowie
    Stop The Clocks by SaidMike
    Dear Diary; My Teen Angst Has A Bodycount by From First To Last

    There's ten personal favourites to get you going. Even though three of them are EPs. Also, read the graphic novels V For Vendetta and Watchmen, both by Alan Moore. Seriously, better than Death Note.

    Hooray for the plan! :DD

    Kath xoxox

    ReplyDelete