Tuesday 12 January 2010

I've got some real weird friends and such good times...

Yay for blatant ripping off of You Me At Six lyrics!

So I'm listening to Lostprophets in preparation for seeing them on Monday... because basically, I am beyond excited. If I had the physical capabilites to do backflips and raise the roof via only the power of my own happy thoughts, then I would. I was excited weeks before I saw LP for the first time - from around the start of October onwards, despite all the other gigs I had, I was most looking forward to the 'Prophets. It's quite a small venue too, which makes it better. I mean, I've seen a couple of other big bands in pretty small venues (All Time Low at McClusky's, and The Blackout at Barfly/McClusky's/Clwb Ifor Bach... and the video shoot was pretty small really) but I'm still more excited about this than I have been for pretty much any other gig I've ever been to - save perhaps the two Blackout December shows (originally Portsmouth, but then the excitement got transferred to the Caerdydd show XD). But roll on Monday - I'll get to hear tracks from The Betrayed live again, hopefully having heard them on CD beforehand, so I know the words a bit better XD


And now for something completely different...

A question I was asked on my FormSpring reminded me of The Interesting Thoughts of Edward Monkton. Quirky and usually funny, and unusually philosophical for greetings cards, here are a few of my favourite designs:




No comments:

Post a Comment